College Planning can be complicated and often overwhelming for many with the changing college landscape. However, college success is attainable by taking some simple yet effective steps.
Morand says, “Preparing for college can be daunting for many parents and students. Fortunately, myriad grants and scholarships are available to help with the cost of college.”
Listen to the interview on the Business Innovators Radio Network
Here are some tips to help parents of college-bound students qualify for grants and/or scholarships:
- Start Early: Although it is possible to look for grants and scholarships at the last minute, it is best to start searching for them well in advance to have more time to fill out the paperwork and review any criteria that need to be met to qualify.
- Know the Child’s Talents: Many scholarship programs require applicants to possess specific skills or talents which could be related to extracurricular activities or hobbies. Reassess what the child excels at and use that information when searching for programs they may qualify for.
- Research Thoroughly: Utilize all available resources, such as contacting schools or organizations, researching online databases, or signing up for email newsletters that list the latest grant opportunities. Taking advantage of all available resources is essential, so one do not miss out on any potential avenues.
- Pay Attention To Deadlines: Most grants and scholarships have deadlines, so pay close attention when submitting applications and ensure everything is done on time, as late submissions risk disqualification from specific programs.
- Fill Out Applications Carefully: When filling out applications for grants and scholarships, read all instructions carefully and answer all questions accurately and completely. It is also important to double-check the work before submitting it in order to avoid any mistakes that could disqualify from receiving aid. Don’t forget to follow up after submitting applications just in case some questions need answering or documents need reviewing before final decisions are made about who receives the awards.
About Jeffrey P Morand
Jeff founded JP Morand & Company based on principles designed to assist families in creating and protecting their wealth in preparation for college planning and financially secure retirement. His approach to business is an individually focused view to helping his clients understand all options that are available to them based on their particular circumstances
Jeff takes his role as an “advisor” very seriously. His mission is to develop a customized plan to clients’ needs, educate and advise them on a course of action and assist them in making an informed decision.
As an “advisor,” Jeff is compensated as such. Compensation is based on the advice given, not on a transactional basis. This assures clients that he is genuinely objective in making recommendations and that he has a vested interest in the success of their financial future and in helping them meet and maintain their goals. He takes the time to understand the issues and provides practical solutions.
Jeff has assisted clients in their financial decisions since 1980. His success and knowledge in this field have allowed him to teach financial classes at the University of Colorado at Denver and participate as a member of the National Association of College Funding Advisors and the National Association of Financial Planners. He has been featured in the Los Angles Times. Jeff has hosted 2 television programs, ‘The Financial Beacon” and “Making the Most of your Money”. He has been a guest on KTLA’s Saturday Morning Show and KIGH Radio talk show. He has earned the professional designation of Registered Financial Consultant awarded by the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants. Jeff is also a member of the National Association of Eagle Scouts.
Jeff’s family is his first priority, and he lives with his wife, Lori, in Parker, Colorado. All of his family are very active in their church. His hobbies are golf, camping, traveling, and reading.
Jeff provides clients with sound financial advice and a responsive team of professionals who are always available and ready to answer any questions they may have.
Learn about the Countdown to College: http://www.collegefundingcoach.com/
Get the free College Money Report™ – https://planning.college/collegefundiungcoach/cmr
Recent News and Interviews
Discussing Career Planning