New Thermally Broken System Design Patent Poised to Revolutionize Steel Door & Window Industry
Austin Texas, January 7, 2019: Portella, the leading manufacturer of thermally broken steel doors and windows is pleased to announce its new Thermally Broken Profile patent. As architects continue to seek doors and windows with narrower frames and sight lines, thermally broken profiles will become an increasingly popular option. This doesn’t make sense. They want narrower frames and sight lines with superior energy performance values. This requires thermally broken.
“Our new system design has the narrowest sight lines of any steel D&W system available. This is the beauty of steel and what all architects want. Very narrow frames and sightlines while with superior energy performance. We have the ability to customize sight lines as small as 3/4″. Our new system is fully tested with NFRC ratings that exceed current code requirements”, says Portella owner, Marti Brunn.
The Portella Difference
Rather than purchasing profiles from European suppliers– as all other Steel W&D manufactures are doing, Portella’s new thermally broken system offers outstanding narrow sight lines. While other steel D&W manufacturers are restricted to offering only what is supplied by the European profile manufacturers, Portella has the capacity to customize frames and muntin bars to meet the most rigorous architectural designs.
Portella is also the only steel door and window manufacturer to use thermally bonded zinc galvanizing on each unit. While competing manufacturers offer this as a large upgrade for coastal environments, Portella offers this as a standard service on all products.
A Solution to Steel Window and Door Thermal Challenges
Portella’s Artisan Series is a solution for luxury residential, boutique commercial applications or historical projects. Artisan utilizes a GRP (glass reinforced polyetherimide) a non–conducting material with steel, combining strength and superior thermal performance.
Additional Portella highlights:
- Thermal performance – NFRC rated/ AAMA certificated
- TRUE thermally broken frames and sash
- All products are FACTORY GLAZED
- Deep glazing pockets to accommodate thicker glazing options and improve U Values
- True divided lite and simulated divided lite options available
- Interior glazing or exterior glazing option
- Metal stops or traditional wet glaze
- Tested In-swing and Out-swing operable sash with weeping system
- Bullet resistant
- All doors are equipped with 5 point multi-lock systems
- Patented (pending 2018) tested weeping custom threshold design
- Marine grade 316 stainless steel design when required
- Experienced technical sales and project management personnel dedicated from project start to finish
- Clear documentation allowing for simple comparisons and accurate estimating
- Warranty – 20-year warranty. The longest of any steel D&W manufacturer in the world.
Focus on Continued Growth & Innovation
With a major factory expansion completed in November 2018 and the development of the new Artisan Thermally broken profiles, Portella is poised to become one of the top steel W&D manufacturers in Northern America. Portella has experienced 30% to 45% grown rates for the past 5 years while partnering with select glazing and installation companies in NY, DC and CA. Portella plans on building more of these relationships in 2019 and beyond.
Family owned and Texas-based Portella has been manufacturing individually engineered, high-quality steel doors and windows since 1999. Portella has garnered a solid reputation for quality workmanship, attention-to-detail, and superior customer service with its clients. Find out more at portella.com.
Company Name: Portella Steel Doors & Windows
Contact Person: Marti Brunn
Country: United States