Created by Horovitch to make an immediate emotional connection with business opportunities, Silver Linings Storybook shares personal stories of triumph over struggle by professionals and business owners who all share a desire to live with more impact and significance.
Silver Linings Storybook Volume 1: 18 Successful Business Leaders Share Inspiring Stories of Overcoming Stormy Days in Personal and Professional Life will be launching in May including 18 coauthors, with each chapter coauthored by a business professional who has a touching personal silver linings story to share, with the intention of inspiring readers to be more hopeful, generous, and compassionate in their own lives.
Some of the stories are humorous, some of them relatable, and some offer a poignant view into an isolated but not unique life struggle to transform from a perception of obvious disability to a perception of special and unique ability.
For many of the coauthors, who are busy students, professionals and self-employed business owners, writing just one personal story in the form of a stand alone chapter for Silver Linings Storybook, gives them the opportunity to explore both spoken and written storytelling as a way to generate immediate credibility and authority when launching a new brand, professional service, or partnership.
“I am so honored and impressed by every single one of our coauthors – most are not professional writers, and some speak English as a second language – that they were able to be so authentic and sincere in sharing their most valuable life lessons… Especially when these stories of success and strength can ultimately be traced back to a day or experience that most people would rather hide, but they’ve found a way to identify the silver lining in their experience. Then writing about it, warts and all, and sharing it publicly, can be a breakthrough experience for them in terms of knowing themselves and their true ability to serve clients.” Horovitch shares that her own silver linings story was inspired following the sudden death of a close family member in fall 2013; even though her grief and depression kept her from earning through her budding YouTube livestreaming consulting firm for nearly 18 months, it was during those quiet and isolated months that she evolved and “cured” her intentions and came to realize her talents.
She was inspired by the idea that silver linings can be found in every extreme and difficult situation; the suggestion coming from Dorie Clark during a women in leadership speech at Ryerson University about her book Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It, in which she explores the frequency that breakthrough creative ideas come suddenly following an unexpected loss or experience that shifted our values.
Horovitch made the first volume of Silver Linings Storybook available to storytellers at the end of January 2016, filling up the landmark first volume for available coauthor spots in less than 2 weeks.
Included in Volume 1 are:
1. Cindy Suárez – Piano and Me – San Juan, Puerto Rico
2. Angela Sidlo – Where Does Wellness Begin? – Astoria, Oregon
3. Lisa Laura – Awakening Through Fear – Glastonbury, Connecticut
4. Priya Chawathe – Rebirth: Finding My Health, Happiness and Destiny – Seattle, Washington
5. Henry Balzani – If The Dream Is Big Enough, The Facts Don’t Count by Henry – Totowa, New Jersey
6. Chris Holley – Acknowledging the Past, Creating the Future – San Diego, California
7. Laura Ghedina – Walking with Weight – Sandy Hook, Connecticut
8. Jarinus Prins – My Gift of Cancer – Germany
9. Tracey Battle – Finding Your Voice Among the Voices – Pennsylvania
10. Christa Hayburn – Freedom to be FIERCE – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11. Jennifer Rose Esposito – All is in Perfect Alignment, Middletown, New Jersey
12. Sonya Schrufer – Making the Waking Hours Count – St. Bruno, Quebec
13. Lauren Jean – Confessions of a Control Freak – Lake Grove, New York
14. Elizabeth M. Friesen – Dreams Don’t Belong On A Shelf – Toronto, Ontario
15. Gagan Thind – A Spiritual Radiant Life – Brampton, Ontario
16. Pallavi Kumar – Redefining Ambition – Los Gatos, California
17. Janaki Pierson – Choosing Peace – Woodbury, Connecticut
18. Debbie Horovitch – Guidance From My Guardian Angel – Toronto, Ontario
Each of the coauthors is a professional speaker and available to collaborate with not-for-profit / charity, and local organizations to create a book marketing and promotion campaign, that gets copies of the book into the hands of the people who need it the most.
Silver Linings Storybook is available on Amazon for Kindle readers already, and the print format books will be released in May https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Linings-Storybook-Successful-Professional-ebook/dp/B01EZSICD4
More information on special editions and future volumes of Silver Linings Storybook can be found through Debbie Horovitch at www.theSparkleAgency.com