Rao Garuda President & CEO of Associated Concepts Agency, Inc. first came to the United States in 1963 with just seven dollars and a vision to make a difference in the world. At that time, the student with the highest GPA in the engineering program at Andhra University in India was awarded a full scholarship to a university in the United States of America. He was awarded that scholarship, Rao made his way to the University of Colorado to pursue a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering. After securing his first engineering job, Rao realized something that changed that would change his life. While he made good money, He realized that his income tax rate was effectively 70%!
He could not believe that spending several years pursuing a degree that would result in the Government taking over half of his income. At that point, he determined to set out to find answers. Initially, Rao intended to become a tax attorney, but as soon as receiving his degrees for a paralegal and business school, he was introduced to the financial services industry. Looking back on a career that spans more than 30 years, Rao was on a mission to make a difference. Since then, spending much of his life sincerely devoted to the pursuit of education, achievement, and making a difference in people’s lives; in other words, transitioning from success to significance.
Rao has lived his life by the following words: “If it is to be, it is up to me”. Knowing that it is said that “knowledge is power”, but it is the use of that knowledge that is our true power. People need to be proactive and not reactive. This is what inspires me.”
These philosophies are the foundation of his company he has built.
Rao went on to say “We educate our clients so they may ask the right questions and find and understand their true passion in life. How do we contribute to our client’s peace of mind and ignite their true purpose in life? We search for the goals and desires of each individual and don’t just sell a product. We educate and coach our clients, instead of being an advisor or a planner. We are your missing piece.”
– B.S. from Andhra University in Waltair, India
– Graduate school at the University of Colorado and Colorado State University
– Graduate of Ohio Paralegal Institute
– Chartered Life Underwriter from American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
– Chartered Financial Consultant from American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
– Member of the National Association of Life Underwriters (NALU)
– Member of the Ohio Association of Life Underwriters
– Member of the Cleveland Estate Planning Council
– A life and qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
– Life Member of MDRT’s Top of the Table (TOT)
– President of Associated Concepts Agency, Inc. from 1977 to present
– Licensed in over 24 states
– Member of Ed Slott’s Elite Advisory Group
– Member & Board Director of the Forum 400
– Co-Founder of the American Tax Planning Institute
To find out more about Rao and his company go here:
Associated Concepts Agency, Inc.
2 Summit Park Dr, Independence, OH 44131